Monday, November 22, 2010

Today I decided to take it easy. I just got home from Unalakleet yesterday, and I was planning on taking a long bath, reading a bit, and going to bed early so I could substitute teach today; however, that did not happen. For some reason, after my bath yesterday I was wide awake. I tried to go to bed early but found myself still up at 2 in the morning, which is the opposite of what I wanted to happen. So disappointing.
Needless to say, today I was exhausted. I felt kind of sick, and just plain ol' lethargic. So I decided to sleep in, eat a healthy oatmeal breakfast, enjoy a french press of coffee and catch up on my blogging. While I was relaxing listening to music and blogging I got up to heat up some more water for tea and you'll never guess what I saw outside my kitchen window....
that's right friends it was a moose.

I was so excited I followed her while she walked around the house to the backyard from my bedroom window. It was pretty amazing for this Midwest girl to see, but I'm sure if I mentioned it to anyone here they would look at me like "what's so special about seeing a moose?" I literally took about 60 pictures of her, even though she just wandered around a bit, eating a few things off the trees, and then moseyed on to the next yard.
Here are a few more pictures for those of you who aren't used to seeing moose on a regular basis,like me.

 Enjoy: 






and off she went.

I feel very confident that I made the right choice staying home today, and I am hoping to go to bed early tonight. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment